The Nesconset Christian Church is a non-denominational independent Christian Church associated with the Restoration Movement. Our church is a genuinely loving church that worships God enthusiastically (Psalm 42). We are a healthy, multicultural and diverse congregation of approximately 235 members located on Long Island, NY, seeking a full time Senior Pastor.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Pastor is to oversee the spiritual needs of the church including:
- Prepare and preach weekly sermons.
- Coordinate Sunday services with Worship Ministry Director.
- Teach Bible Studies.
- Provide oversight of church staff.
- Provide overall theological direction.
- Meet with and report to NCC Elders.
- Raise up and train new leaders.
- Minister and counsel.
- Oversee pastoral care responsibilities.
- Vision casting of new ministry initiatives.
The Senior Minister is to set an example of spiritual maturity and personal health. He is to maintain a healthy marriage and family life, and exhibit financial soundness leading NCC to continued health and maturity.
Our future lead pastor must:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree from a Bible College or Seminary associated with the Restoration Movement.
- Be a skilled and passionate Bible based teacher.
- Have prior experience Pastoring a similar sized or larger church.
- Meet Elder qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Be a strong leader who inspires others through God-honoring excellence.
- Maintain relational, spiritual, and professional trust with other elders and staff.
- Embody traits of a biblical Shepherd, Preacher/Teacher, Equipper, Elder/Overseer and Evangelist.
- Recruit, manage, and lead pastoral and administrative staff and ministry leaders.
- Convey authenticity, wisdom, transparency and humility – and even brokenness – in his preaching and daily walk.
- Be able to envision a long-term commitment, as the Lord leads, to see NCC grow into the future God has for it.
- Communicate effectively, in all forms, and connect to all generations.
If you are qualified and would like to learn more please forward a cover page and your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.