Creative Arts Minister
Job Title: Creative Arts Minister
Reports To: Lead Pastor
We are a growing, seven year old, church plant that cares about our city and people far from God. We recently stared a second location, which has been up and running since September of this year. We’re looking for a creative person, ready to work hard to take our worship teams and creative arts ministry to the next level. We do show a video each Sunday so knowledge of Final Cut is a plus. The accepted applicant should also be ready to lead other teams connected to our Sunday morning experience.
The Creative Arts Pastor will have some formal training for ministry, and some experience in a variety of ministries in a local church setting. He/she will possess, or be developing the following:
• A team player that is will do whatever it takes to help make the church successful.
• A person of moral purity as he/she will be “free from sexual immorality” of any kind.
• A person of integrity that demonstrates the character qualities represented by the list of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23 and a willingness to grow in those characteristics.
• A person who has a daily prayer and personal devotion time.
• A willingness to embrace and understand the nature and operation of Velocity Church.
• A person whose goal is not to be “cool” but has a heart to serve and help people reconnect with God.
• The candidate will conduct himself/herself in such a way that his/her behavior, speech and attitudes represent a high standard of spirituality.
• He/she will demonstrate a strong sense of loyalty to members of the church's leadership team, striving to be cooperative in the carrying out of his/her ministry tasks.
• The Creative Arts Director will keep the Lead Pastor apprised of his/her where-bouts at all times, during those times he/she is considered to be "on duty".
• He/she will keep regular work hours, which will include time for prayer and study. This schedule will be approved by the Lead Pastor, and determined according to the availability of hours in relation to other work responsibilities.
• Keep careful records for all activities related to his/her ministry assignments.
• Maintain faithful attendance and good work attitude at regularly scheduled worship services.
• Provide and oversee areas of Creative Arts ministry at both Velocity Church locations.
• Lead the Sunday morning worship team.
• Recruit other musicians for both campuses.
• Oversee and develop teams related to Sunday morning.
• Work with our lead pastor to develop creative elements for our Sunday morning worship services.
• Meet for with team prior to service to run through set list and prayer.
• Shoot and edit videos (or learn to) for our Sunday morning services.
• Oversee our church website, including uploading podcasts and maintain social media posts.
• Serve as a pastor to people in our church.
• Do anything you are asked to do, even if you think it’s crazy.
• Learn cutting edge creative ministry for our culture.
• Do the impossible - plan BIG and dream BIGGER.