General Description: Responsible for the day to day administration of Turner Retirement Homes Residential Care and Independent Living programs. This includes financial operation; program development and implementation; adherence to state rules and regulations pertaining to Residential Care and Federal Fair Housing guidelines; admission, and staff supervision. The Administrator is responsible for ensuring operation of the program and providing the delivery of high-quality services that are consistent with the philosophy of Residential Care as determined by Turner Retirement Homes, Inc.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree desired, preferably in Health Care Administration. Must have experience in the Health, Human Services, and/or Community Services field.
- Ability to complete the State of Oregon’s 40-hour course for certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in relating to a variety of people and personalities.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Possess, or willing to learn basic computer skills.
- Must pass SDSD criminal background check. Criminal History AD.
- Knowledge of budget management required.
- Oregon Food Handler’s card required.
- Consistently maintains confidentiality regarding residents, families, and co-workers of TRH.
- Reads/writes/speaks/understands English.
- Exemplifies through values, beliefs, and practices, the philosophy and mission statement of TRH.
- Knowledge of the history, doctrine, and ministries of the Restoration Movement.
- Membership in the Christian Church, Church of Christ, or Disciples of Christ, preferred.
- Maintains/exceeds compliance requirements according to the local, state and federal regulatory and accrediting/licensing standards. Ensures that the programs within the facility are prepared for inspection through regular auditing and updating of program policies and procedures, medical records documentation and environmental standards. Responds to survey outcomes with correction plan and actions that are needed.
- Participates in preparing and administering the annual budget. Monitors and holds departments accountable for cost controls. Has spending authority of up to $10,000 without board approval for non-budgeted items unless it is an emergency situation.
- Strives to attain excellence in consumer satisfaction through ongoing soliciting and measurement of consumer feedback, implementation of consumer and employee suggestions, interactive problem solving with residents and families, and an ongoing quality improvement effort.
- Provides ongoing support, direction, supervision, and feedback regarding job performance of management staff. Actively promotes staff participation and involvement in the day to day operations and decision-making. Promotes team building through participating and leadership at regular meetings. Maintains the authority for all hiring and personnel decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring that a safe and sanitary environment is provided for staff and residents; makes efforts to reduce safety hazards, accidents, and injuries.
- Promotes the building of quality through ongoing support and encouragement of education for current employees, for residents, staff, and self.
- Develops and assures implementation of the facilities marketing and census plan and has authority to admit residents.
- Attends TRH board meetings.
- Works indoors and is mobile throughout the campus. Frequent background noises and interruptions.
- Travel may be required using own car.
- May work extended hours/variable shifts/rotate shifts/weekend/holidays.
- Possible exposure to infectious waste and cleaning compounds.
- Physical work varies.
Accepting applications through August 31st. Please mail Resume or Vitae to: Turner Retirement Homes, PO Box 58, Turner, OR 97392, or email to email@example.com (Board of Trustees Chair).