august church of Christ
Youth minister—Job Description
Reports to: Preaching Pastor
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required, experience in student ministry.
- Must have basic administrative skills
- Must have a spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders found in
I Timothy 3:1-7
- One who is called to the ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for reaching a lost world.
- Must have a gift for teaching and preaching.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry
- Must be able to lead not only young people but also parents and youth coaches.
- Must work well with other paid staff and ministries, one team concept.
- Lead and organize high school and middle school youth programs; fellowship, bible teaching, discipleship and outreach.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff . (We are searching for someone to follow the Ephesian 4 concept. The job of the leader is to train Christ follower so that they can do ministry. We are not looking to hire someone to do all of the ministry.)
- Work with youth treasurer to maintain youth financial account
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life. Help to create an intergenerational culture.
- Other duties as required
- Arrive at least 45 minutes prior to beginning of any scheduled event.
- Preach once every other month.
- Understand there will be a semi-annual review to encourage and to determine if he continues in the office of Youth Minister.
- Attend a minimum of one leadership conference per year
- Adapt to the rural area of Augusta, WV. Hampshire Co.
- Attend and encourage youth coaches to attend some of the school functions where students are involved.
The Augusta Church of Christ is a congregation of around 400 people. We exist to share Help, Hope and Home. We believe in going out into the community and sharing Jesus with everyone.
Send Resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org