Arundel Christian Church, Glen Burnie, MD
PURPOSE: The Video Communications Director at Arundel Christian Church serves by enhancing key communications through various mediums, maximizing their effectiveness.
BACKGROUND: The Visual Communications Director needs to have ongoing expansion in new techniques pertaining to the visual arts, practical knowledge, and the ability to lead and empower others into visual arts, communications and video production.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
• Oversee the development, management and maintenance of websites, social media platforms and apps
• Oversee the development of imaging for sermons, worship services and events
• Oversee the development of print communications including catalogs, bulletins, brochures, stationary, logos, cards, event literature, newsletter, advertising, event promotion, series promotion, etc. as designated by the executive leadership team
• Shoot, edit and produce footage for announcements/special messages
• Shoot, edit and produce sermon bumpers and trailers for each sermon
• Shoot, edit and produce video for worship services, special events and/or special ministry videos
• Act as the Visual Director for worship services; overseeing the visual aspects
• Oversee the development, maintenance, upgrade and repair of broadcast, lighting, multi-‐ media and video equipment at all venues
• Lead, recruit, train, and build a caring community of volunteers of visual arts ministries
• Sit in on the creative planning meetings for worship services
• Perform any related tasks as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A degree in media and/or visual arts related studies and leadership is preferred. Prior ministry experience is a plus but not necessary to meet requirements for this specific role.
• A passionate Christ-‐follower with character and integrity
• Actively share in the vision and support the leadership of ACC
• A self-‐starter and a collaborative team player
• Flexible, teachable and reliable
• Ability to recruit, equip and lead others
• Ability to think and act creatively and pursue excellence
• Effective communicator (visual and writing)
• Advanced knowledge of graphic design, video editing and Mac OS software
• Advanced knowledge of visual arts related equipment and systems
ORGANIZATION AND RELATIONSHIPS: The Visual Communications Director will report directly to the Worship Pastor at Arundel Christian Church and ultimately to the Executive and Lead Pastor. This position will collaborate with the Creative Elements Team, as well as partner with the overall leadership team. Team interaction, dynamics and culture are a critical part of who we are.
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the minimal requirements listed in the job description above, please email your cover letter, resume along with personal references and links to any of your video or visual samples to Jennifer Dunning, Director of Human Resources at [email protected].
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer three questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. How would you describe a successful church?
3. What about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Salary: $35,000 -‐ $40,000 (The compensation is commensurate with experience)